Saturday, August 2, 2008

Why cant things be like they were when we were younger??

I know this is my first blog, and not knowing what to write. I thought I would tell about my adventure with the Ipod my daughter just had to have today. Okay here goes, it might sound like a venting rage so beware!!
Buying an Ipod should be easy right? Atleast I thought so...........
It started out with a little shopping around, I have always been a bargain shopping even if it is for expensive things. I found a good deal at Radio Shack. Made my purchase, and left with a happy 13 year old. We went shopping to a few other stores, which isn't much if you live in DeRidder you know we have few to choose from. Got lunch from Burger King (real healthy I know), and proceeded to start the laptop up to get this little gadget going. Little did I know this little ole thing would turn out to be so complicated. Not only would it not work but when I called up Radio Shack to ask what I might be doing wrong, the gentleman on the phone had to yell to the other salesman to ask if it even charged on the computer. I was about to pull out what hair I have left. I packaged this thing back up and headed back out in the 100 degree weather to let them figure it out.
I was able to get the man the first one had to yell to.....I figured he was the best person considering the first ones statement over the phone. While he was investigating the ipod, he plugged and unplugged the usb adapter in all sorts of directions, and then had the audacity to tell me that someone (meaning me or my daughter) was plugging it in wrong and supposedly messed up the connection. I made sure I read the directions first. I am positive I didnt do it. Anyways he exchanged it for me, and proceeded to try the old usb, still no luck. He tried the new one and still nothing. I was so relieved when that happened. I knew then it wasn't me for sure. Wouldn't you know it I had to purchase a radio shack usb cord and then went ahead and bought an outlet plug adapter as well for save measures. Now I have to contact Apple to have then exchange my usb they included in the box. After everything today, it isn't such a bad item. But I thought I would share what hapened, and of course to vent to make myself feel better. Here is a photo of the cute, pain in the butt thing my daughter just had to have! LOL

Photobucket

1 comment:

Oren Family said...

Don't you just love DeRidder? :)